A pretty life changing event happened on Friday. I got a call from a PhD program that I applied to offering me admission. So, I am waiting to hear back from the other schools I applied to, but since I didn't apply for a PhD in Austin, we're moving regardless of what Texas says. I am still in a state of shock. I am going to be a serious student again in September. Going to be making another 20-30 hour driving move, and I'm going to get paid to do it. I am elated, grateful, excited, nervous, grateful (again), and trying to appreciate the time I have left in this city I am growing to love.
So, it's time to make that bucket list:
-go to enchanted rock with Sarah & reed
-go to fredricksburg/hill country and appreciate the stunning Texas desert
-(mountain) bike the greenbelt
-eat at hoover's cooking
-eat at all possible barbecue restaurants (stop in Kansas City, Missouri on the drive up north)
-take pictures of personal favorite Austin landmarks (home steam cleaners)
-go to karaoke at bernadettes
...more to come!
Things are really changing but there is still time for us, Austin!
No comments:
Post a Comment